Creative Date Ideas By AVCupid.COM
Article by" AVCupid.com
If you want to inject a little romance or spontaneity into a date,
without breaking the bank, try following some of these ideas. You might
just surprise yourself – and your partner!
1. Hike to the top of a mountain for a picnic.
2. Take a rowboat out on a lake at sunset.
3. Go up to the top of a building in a large city and take in the view.
4. Dress for a formal party, and then walk down the streets singing love songs.
5. Find a dark, romantic bistro with great coffees and desserts, or an independent book store that encourages browsing.
6. Find a rarely-used corner deep in the stacks of
your library. Blow the dust off some musty old volume and read it aloud
together. Steal a few hot kisses.
7. Pretend you've just won the lottery. "Shop" for
your dream furnishings in elegant craft galleries, jewellery stores, and
8. Test drive a sports car together.
9. Visit a specialty food factory such as a chocolate factory.
10. Browse a ritzy museum, gift shop or art gallery.
11. Drive along the outer borders of your city or county, exploring new neighbourhoods and villages where you've never been.
12. Ride a city's entire public rail transit system, going out on remote branch lines, just for the heck of it.
13. Spend the whole evening dressed and acting as characters from a play, movie, or book that you both enjoyed.
14. Speak only gibberish and let your thoughts be understood from your emotions, gestures, and tone.
15. Explore a wild and scenic place you've always wanted to check out.
16. Walk around celebrity neighbourhoods, looking for glimpses of the rich and famous.
17. Do something completely out of character--something you ordinarily wouldn't be caught dead even thinking about.
18. Go explore a local flea market one Saturday.
19. Get a guide book for your city. See you area through the eyes of tourists. You will be amazed at all the attractions that are hidden nearby.
20. Star gazing - Get a book on constellations and watch the stars. This can be especially fun during a meteor shower.
Ideas for Girls:
1. Go rollerblading. If you know how to rollerblade
and he doesn't, teach him. If he knows and you don't, let him teach
you. This date is great for breaking the ice because both of you will
embarrass yourselves so much that you won't help but be able to laugh.
Your true personalities will show.
2. Go for a walk, maybe some coffee after. It seems
simple enough, but you'd be surprised about what you'd find out about
someone if you'd just give them a chance to tell you. Besides, there's
nothing like the ambiance of a great, romantic cafe to get you in the
Ideas for Guys:
1. There's nothing like a good picnic. You can't argue with a classic.
2. Go to see the planes take off. This may be a
little difficult, but sometimes there are little nooks and crannies by
the highways and roads off of the runways. You can lie down on top of
the hood of the car or lay a blanket on the ground and watch as the
planes fly right over your head.
3. Plan a romantic evening with chocolate covered
strawberries and slow music. Find some of her favourite songs and
compile them onto one cassette and play them while you feed her
1. Make a lunch or dinner of hot soup and rolls together and set the table with candles. Play your favourite music.
2. Have an indoor picnic -- lay out a blanket and bring a picnic basket -- just have it on your living room floor!
3. Build a fire and roast marshmallows. If you
don't have a fireplace, build a small safe campfire outside. Be sure to
put it out completely when you're done and before leaving the area.
4. Build a snow fort together.
5. Surprise your date with "Summer in a Bag!" Get
creative: Gather together 2 pairs of sunglasses, coconut suntan oil (for
the smell of summer), Put on a Beach Boys CD, blow up a beach ball to
toss and pretend it's hot out. It's silly, but it can take the edge out
of the winter blues.
6. Make a snowman and snowwoman.
7. Go ice skating.
8. Make angels in the snow.
9. Bundle up and go someplace to watch the sun set
over a silhouette of bare trees. As the sun goes down, watch them appear
black and strikingly beautiful against the sky.
10. Go to a cappuccino bar, drink decaf and get to know one another.
11. Go sleigh riding.
12. Go for a walk in the snow and catch snow flakes on your tongue.
13. End a winter walk with hot chocolate and mini marshmallows.
14. Go to an arcade.
15. Rent a movie and pop some corn.
16. Rent and watch the video "It's a Wonderful Life!"
17. Assemble a really challenging puzzle.
18. Play board games.
19. Take a night-time walk to look at your neighbours holiday decorations and lights.
20. Go skiing -- downhill or cross-country.
1. Go wild-flower hunting. Pick your date a bouquet of wild-flowers. Put some in his/her hair.
2. Go for a walk in the park together.
3. Plant a window garden together.
4. Skip stones on a lake.
5. Have a picnic.
6. Go horseback riding.
7. Go on a hike.
8. Hire a professional guide and go rock climbing.
9. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
10. Go to the zoo to see the new baby animals that were born this spring.
11. Go for a walk in the rain (an umbrella is optional) and sing "Singing in the Rain!" really loudly.
12. Rent a bicycle built for two.
13. Go to a comedy club.
14. Look in your local paper for free or inexpensive concerts, shows and fairs.
15. Go to a park and play on the swings.
16. Play tennis.
1. Go to the top of a very tall building to watch the sun go down.
2. Jump through sprinklers together.
3. Go star gazing. Name a star for your date.
4. Lie on the grass and watch clouds. Use your imagination and talk about what you see in the clouds.
5. Go to an amusement park, go on scary rides and eat cotton candy.
6. Go rafting or canoeing or tubing (using a truck inner tube).
7. Walk on the beach. Bury each other in the sand.
8. Visit a boardwalk or carnival and play games.
9. Get up really early and meet to watch the sun rise -- then go for breakfast at a diner.
10. Run in a 5 K race together.
11. Do a walk-a-thon (for some cause you care about) together.
12. Go fishing.
13. Write a message and tie it to a balloon (or
send it off in a bottle). Ask whoever finds it to mail you the message
and tell you where they found it.
14. Get a group together and go camping.
15. Make home made ice-cream!
16. Watch a Little League game and cheer like you're watching the pros.
1. Decorate the house for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
2. Carve pumpkins. 3.
Go apple picking and make an apple pie with the apples.
4. Go in-line skating.
5. Make a scarecrow together.
6. Go bike riding.
7. Get a big old barrel, water, and apples and
invite a group of friends to dunk for apples. Have a camera available.
There will be great shots!
8. Go to a flea market. Find the silliest thing for sale.
9. Go to a historic site. Try to talk like people from that period of time.
Go to a football game and cheer for the underdog, or for your home team.
||Want to talk about it? You can talk about your issues with me by phone confidentially through Ingenio by AT$T. I have a PhD, Psychology and Human Behavior. Just use this button to talk to me now! If I am offline, use it to email me. I will send you free minutes for where you can try my services free. I am a top rated expert on Keen and Ingenio.|