Last Revised January 5, 2012
This Ingenio Chat Policy Forms part of the Ingenio Member Agreement
, and is incorporated by reference therin.
You agree not to do any of the following while using Ingenio Chat:
- Harass, threaten, or abuse the other person involved in your chat. Please use standard chat etiquette. This includes respecting other Ingenio members' privacy.
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation for external or competitive websites, or reference your involvements with alternative chat programs or competitive services. This includes the exchange of messenger user names or IDs for off-site communication.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including Ingenio and its employees and agents; or implying that any statements you make are endorsed by Ingenio or its staff.
- Divulge your personal contact information to a member and request to be contacted directly, including in-person meetings.
- Transmit through any unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racist, harmful, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.
- Invade anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their knowledge and willing consent.
- Threaten stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimize or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion; or incites or encourages anyone else to do so.
- Harm or disrupt, or intend to harm or disrupt, another user's computer or would allow you or others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming.
- Transmit pictures, writing, or other material/products whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal. Ingenio reserves the right to decide what it considers adult content, adult material, sexually explicit, or sexually related at our sole discretion.
- Transmit any files that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to destroy, interrupt or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software, computer hardware or other equipment.
Ingenio reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Ingenio reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to ban participants or terminate access to services.
Please note that we are not trained or equipped to be a suicide hotline. Please contact a suicide hotline, your personal physician, a hospital emergency room or your local 911 or emergency contact number for professional assistance. If you give your personal information to a host or other member and later threaten suicide we reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities, however, no guarantee is made that someone will contact emergency personnel for you.