One of the Play Fair Department's primary concerns is keeping Ingenio a fair and safe place for Advisors to conduct their business. In order to provide a fair and safe community, we ask that you carefully read our Member Agreement and policies that are contained in the Community Standards area of the Help section. In addition, we have provided a basic overview of our policies to assist you in creating your listings and in using Ingenio's services.
While using the Ingenio service you may come across other Advisors who are in violation of our policies. We ask that you help the Play Fair team by submitting a Support Form and provide them with the details of the situation.
Personal Contact Information
Spelling and Grammar
Free Minute Promotions
Personal Contact Information
Ingenio recommends that you do not disclose personal contact information to members. If you choose to reveal this information, you do so at your own risk. Additionally, Ingenio does not recommend or encourage members to use the Ingenio site to solicit other members to meet with them in person.
To protect the privacy of our members, Ingenio does not permit Advisors to post their personal contact information, such as email address, phone number, mailing address or Instant Messenger ID, on their listings or home page.
Ingenio does not permit Advisors to sell cam, text or IM sessions on the Ingenio platform.
Spelling and Grammar
Listings must use proper grammar and correct spelling. When creating your listing we ask that you keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Listings must be submitted in English.
- Use proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Follow proper grammar conventions.
- Symbols, numbers, and letters must represent the conventional meaning of the symbol.
- Use proper and correct spelling. We may reject listings containing unconventional or incorrect spelling.
- Use standard punctuation and capitalization
- Your listing title should not contain excessive exclamation points.
- Your listing title should also refrain from unnecessary punctuation or symbols.
- Do not use capitalization such as "FREE" or "TRY IT NOW."
- Avoid gimmicky repetition such as "Responses are fast, fast, fast!"
- Avoid using superlative phrases such as "The Best" or "Number 1 Rated" unless you are able to provide the source of the claim in the Summary or Additional Details sections of the listing.
- Do not enter webpage links or URLs in the Listing Title.
- Do not use profane or vulgar language, adult content or material.
Please follow proper grammar conventions. Symbols, numbers, and letters must represent the conventional meaning of the symbol. Use proper and correct spelling. Use standard punctuation and capitalization.
When creating your listing title please do not use all capital letters or other unconventional writing formats.
Advisors are not permitted to offer or provide advice, directly or through writings, as to the value of securities or as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing, or selling securities, or any report or analysis concerning securities.
Advisors are permitted to post links or URLs on Ingenio to their personal website if that site provides customers with additional information that would help a customer decide whether or not to place a call to you. Advisors are not permitted to include the URL to any outside websites in listing titles or member photos.
Advisors are not permitted to post links/URLs on Ingenio to the following types of websites:
• Merchandise-only sites.
• Websites that include personal contact information, such as a non-Ingenio phone number.
• Websites that solicit payment outside of Ingenio for a competitive service. Ingenio considers the following to be a competitive service: phone calls, chat, recorded content, and content exchanged via email, such as graphics or computer work.
Please note that Advisors may not provide members with alternative payment methods (such as PayPal, personal checks, money orders, etc.) for the above-mentioned services.
If you are unsure whether or not you are permitted to post a link on Ingenio to your personal website, please request Play Fair to review it, by filling out a Support Form and selecting "Play Fair Inquiry" from the drop down menu, Please be sure to include your member name and the URL of the website in question so that we may review it.
Ingenio does not permit Advisors to post advertisments for third party services, including banner ads, on their listings or home pages.
Ingenio does not permit Advisors to take any actions that may undermine the integrity of the feedback system. This includes leaving positive feedback for accounts that you own using secondary usernames or third parties.
If you would like to dispute feedback left on your listing, your proper avenue of complaint is to fill out a Support Form and select "Ratings / Feedback" from the drop down menu. You should not email the member to complain. Also, Advisors may not post customer's member names or information on their listings without their consent as such activity constitutes harassment, which is a violation of the Member Agreement.
For more information, please read our Feedback Removal Policy.
Free Minute Promotions
Advisors may not offer free minutes, or any other type of giveaway, in exchange for ratings or written feedback.
Ingenio does not permit contests, promotions, drawings, or games of chance.
Advisors may only create listings that are relevant to the category they are placing them in.
Additionally, Advisors must have specific credentials verified to post listings in the following categories:
• Legal: Advisors in this category must have the following credential verified on their listing: membership in the state bar (or the equivalent professional license) of the relevant jurisdiction(s) in which you provide legal services.
• Counseling & Therapy: Advisors in this subcategory must have one of the following verified credentials: (1) Licensed Psychiatrist or (2) Licensed or Registered Psychologist or (3) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) or (4) Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCW) or (5) or hold an equivalent state-issued license.
In order for your listing to be listed in the Counseling & Therapy Category, you may be asked to provide proof of one of the aforementioned credentials after creating your listing before your listing can be Accepted to appear on Ingenio.
At this time we are not accepting new listings into the Legal category.
To make Ingenio enjoyable for all members, Advisors are not permitted to create listings with adult-oriented content or with the purpose of providing adult-oriented conversation. For information on what Ingenio considers "adult-oriented," please see the Advisor Rules.
At this time Ingenio does not have a category for Psychic, Tarot, Astrological or Clairvoyant related advice. If you wish to give this type of advice we suggest you visit Keen.com and create a listing in the Psychic and Astrology category.
Soliciting donations from Ingenio members for services not related to the advice you are providing on Ingenio is not permitted.
Advisors must provide true, accurate and complete payment registration information and maintain it as current. Advisors must promptly update the personal contact information that you provide to Ingenio, as applicable. Advisors are not permitted to use false identities or impersonate any other person or use a name that you are not authorized to use.
Advisors shall not use the site or its services to transmit, route, provide connections to or store any material that infringes the copyrighted works or violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Ingenio site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please refer to Section 12 of the Member Agreement for instructions on how to file a claim with Ingenio's Copyright Agent.